February 2015 12 car - 12th February

Weston MC is back organising 12 cars and navigational road rallies. Details of these events found here.

This topic has an event associated with it

Starts:
Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:00 pm
Ends:
Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:00 pm
Duration:
0 Days, 3 Hours, 0 Minutes

...View in calendar context

February 2015 12 car - 12th February

Postby Simon Brace » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Hello.

As you may know I have been working on running a 12 car in February. It is designed for beginners and experts alike, with differing route instruction for either. This will be the first 12 car the club has run for over a year. If club members want to continue this type of event, it would be nice to show some support for the clubs 12 car series and run this event with a full entry. I have spoken to a few people and received some pledges of entries, so fingers crossed. It would also help me enormously if everyone could get their entries in as early as possible so I can start to complete the mountain of paperwork that needs doing! Remember to complete the REIS form if you'd like the event insurance. Please note that most road policies specifically exclude competition, which is why you need the top up insurance. Only the driver details are needed on the REIS form, please ignore the co-driver section.

If you don't feel confident enough to compete, then please come out and marshal. I will need 4 crews on the night. Marshaling provides a good insight into what the crews are doing, and could be the spring board into competing.
Attachments
REIS Competitor Form.pdf
(17.44 KiB) Downloaded 1785 times
February 12 car regs.pdf
(75.9 KiB) Downloaded 1764 times
Simon Brace
Site Admin

Re: February 2015 12 car - 12th February

Postby Simon Brace » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:25 pm

Well anyone entering will definately be in for a treat... Went out today and drove the route, and it's epic! I also completed the route instructions... There will be a different set of handouts depending on whether you put down Expert or Novice on the entry form. If there are enough entries I will award a first in class for each difficulty. Novices will need to brush up on the following: Tulip diagrams, Spot heights, Grid lines, Compass points and Map reference plotting.

I have spoken to the finish venue and they will keep the kitchens open until 10:30 so there will be food at the finish for those that want it, as long as you aren't OTL. :lol:

Lastly, having looked at the route and the time controls I will need 4 marshal crews minimum. If you are free on the night but don't want to partake, please let me know.

Marshal crews:

1) Simon and Charlotte
2) Pete Bane / Keith Staddon / Tim Walton (delete as applicable!)
3) The odd one out from the above (plus 1?)
4)
Simon Brace
Site Admin

Postby Simon Brace » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:00 pm

Here are the finals for tomorrow night. Please download them and read them. As everyone entered is doing so as a novice, I will only be bringing the novice route instructions on the night. Any one entering on the night will therefore be given the novice instructions.

Although I only have 5 entries, I have decided to run the event. However, I am only in receipt of 3 entry forms as I type, and not having completed paperwork in advance makes my job much harder than it needs to be. Also, I very nearly cancelled the event due to lack of entries.

See you tomorrow at 7pm at Ollie's.
Attachments
Final Instructrions.pdf
(32.61 KiB) Downloaded 1686 times
Simon Brace
Site Admin

Postby Simon Brace » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:20 pm

I have pleasure in attaching the results from the recent 12 car.

A big thank you to the crews for coming out and supporting a cornerstone of the club's endeavors. It's a shame we didn't get a full entry, but if someone comes forward to co-ordinate the 12 car championship again, then may be this is something that can be built upon.

I also wanted to thank everyone who came out and marshaled for us. Thank you for giving up your time to help the event run.

Finally, I made a couple of mistakes on the event, one in the planning and one on the night. I need to apologise profusely to Andy Lowe, as there was a mistake on the herringbone that formed the first instruction on the Expert handouts. Sorry Andy. The mistake on the night I made whilst marking Rachel and Dom's timecard, and gave them 20 minutes of penalties that they didn't accrue. All I can say is sorry (again!), and that maths was never my strong point! At least neither error changed the result, but it ended up much tighter at the top.

Simon.
Attachments
Results.pdf
(49.24 KiB) Downloaded 1682 times
Simon Brace
Site Admin